Throughout August, Thoroughbred Breeders Australia (TBA) will be hosting a series of mental health awareness and wellbeing workshops.
These free workshops will be presented by Pippa Baker, a qualified mental health educator. The sessions aim to help managers develop the practical skills and knowledge to help enhance the wellbeing and performance of their staff.
Topics that Pippa will cover include:
- What is burnout and how to manage it effectively
- Positive psychology
- Feedback strategies
- What is depression and how do I recognise it?
- What is anxiety and how do I recognise it?
- Why is empathy important in the workplace?
Dates and locations for the workshops are as follows:
- Victoria – 4th August at the Nagambie Rowing Club 4pm – 6pm (face-to-face delivery).
- New South Wales – 17th August Scone Equine Research Centre 4pm – 6pm (face-to-face delivery).
- Zoom Webinar – 24th August 11am – 1pm (AEST)
- Zoom Webinar – 29th August 5pm – 7pm (AEST)
To register to attend either a face-to-face workshop or zoom session, simply click on the registration link below and fill our the form:
Pippa will also be talking about understanding the Stud Staff Support Line (SSSL): how to use the platform and the benefits of the service. The SSSL was launched by TBA last year and offers free, confidential counselling to anyone working in the breeding industry.
To access the service, phone 1300 822 935 and let them know you are calling from the Thoroughbred Breeding industry.
To help raise awareness of the SSSL with your staff, we’ve created two posters that you can download and print. We suggest displaying these in common areas around the farm such as staff rooms, accommodation, yearling barns, crushes and the stud office.
For more information contact TBA’s Education and Projects Manager, Madison Tims, on 0405 535 436 or drop her an email at email@example.com.