Australia’s peak body for the thoroughbred breeding industry, Thoroughbred Breeders Australia, is looking for an Industry Training, Education & Project Manager to drive projects in education and across the remit of the organisation.
Our goal is to create an education offering that will promote lifelong, fulfilling careers in the Australian Thoroughbred Breeding industry.
As the Industry Training, Education and Project Manager, you will understand how industry-specific training and education can be used to attract and retain people in an industry.
You will also be expected to work across a range of other industry projects as part of a small committed team. These projects are likely to be in the welfare and research and development area.
You will be charged with strategic planning and executing tactics to:
- Increase awareness, accessibility, and uptake of training programs for prospective and existing participants in the thoroughbred industry.
- Increase awareness and uptake of job opportunities in the thoroughbred racing and breeding industries.
- Develop strategy and tactics for the breeding industry to recruit and train new people into the industry
- Develop strategy and tactics for the breeding industry to upskill existing workforce with goal of retaining employees in the industry.
- Work with TAFE and other tertiary education institutions to create new, bespoke industry training programs.
- Expand geographical reach of existing industry training program Fast Track.
- Manage existing education and training projects including domestic and foreign student industry placements and internships.
- Liaise with bloodstock industry leaders including other associations, breeders, stud farms, sales agencies, agents, existing owners and prospective owners.
You will have empathy for the Australian thoroughbred breeding and racing industries.
You will have experience as a course director or experience creating and/or managing course creation ideally with an RTO or other tertiary institution.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You have excellent time management skills and can prioritise jobs.
This role is based in the Sydney office with travel required to farms, sales, training events and race days.
- a current resume outlining relevant experience and education
- a cover letter stating how your experience and education will enable you to do the job
- send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.