Aushorse Marketing Pty Ltd
Aushorse is the marketing body for Australia's Thoroughbred breeders, charged with promoting the quality of Australian Thoroughbred horses both domestically and internationally. Australia has a world leading breeding industry widely known for producing race winners at all levels around the globe. These glowing results support our aim to increase the presence of Australian-bred horses in major racing and breeding centres throughout the world.
Within Australia, Aushorse Marketing is strongly focused on introducing new owners to the fun and excitement of horse ownership through strategic partnerships with race clubs and other key groups including the country's two major Thoroughbred sales companies - Magic Millions Sales and Inglis.
The voice of commercial breeders
Aushorse is a non-profit public company limited by guarantee whose aim is to promote the Australian Thoroughbred on behalf of the commercial Thoroughbred breeders and consignors throughout Australia.
Aushorse aims to be nationally inclusive, open and accountable, working for the betterment of the Australian thoroughbred industry.
Aushorse Marketing represents all Thoroughbred breeders in Australia.
- To promote the development of the Australian Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry; and
- To develop mutually beneficial global relationships with international participants
What activities does Aushorse engage in?
- Coordinating an ongoing international marketing campaign to promote the Australian Thoroughbred
- Initiating the highly-successful International Inward Buyer Scheme (“IIBS”). The IIBS has hosted buyers from Japan, South America, South Africa, Hong Kong and South East Asia, United States and United Arab Emirates. The IIBS funds airfares, accommodation, dining, entertainment and transport to and from the sales for our guests from these countries
- Aushorse has also formed working committees on issues as diverse as X-ray repositories, GST on offshore purchases, state-based racing incentive schemes, sale conditions and other issues as necessary, acting decisively in the best interests of the industry
- The parent company of Aushorse, Thoroughbred Breeders Australia, lobbies governments and other regulatory agencies and authorities nationally and internationally to achieve the best possible outcome for the continued growth of the Australian thoroughbred breeding and racing industry
How can we assist you?
- Aushorse was established to assist people with an interest in buying and racing Australian horses
- Aushorse has the advantage of local knowledge and contacts. We can provide you with sales catalogues, information on import and export requirements, and put you in touch with bloodstock agents, breeders, trainers and jockeys
- Aushorse can provide travel allowances to Australian sales in certain circumstances
At a glance
- The reputation of the Australian-bred horse grows exponentially each year
- In 2009, more Australian thoroughbred horses were exported than ever before. The export figure in 2009 stands at 2,650 with a value in excess of $100million
- This represents an increase of more than 50% on the 1,631 horses exported at the start of the decade
- The export markets now include significant numbers to Ireland, Great Britain, Japan and the United States, in addition to traditional stronghold markets like New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa and Malaysia.
Need more information? why not contact Aushorse Marketing today!!!
Click here to find out more about Aushorse Marketing